Saturday, October 15, 2016

My favorite thing to do at 4 am, yes, besides sleep

Like a crazy loon I still wake up at 4 am, mind and body shaken from sleep , emerging .... itchy . Having gotten into the habit when our son would wake us up at about the time before he rooster crows (4 am, more or less , or before the sun would rise ), my internal clock continues to think it's not too far from that of a roosters'. Thank God I am able to fall back asleep again (after some time ). What to do at this unreasonable hour ? I've gotten into the fun game of killing mosquitoes . I absolutely hate how they think they can one up me while I'm asleep , and often my husband who's beside me and likes to sleep without a shirt , is a victim too, though the buggers often prefer even say, my finger to his whole bare back . They apparently like the challenge . Or they just love my blood more ... if I'm given one pass at rejecting someone's love , this would be it.

So this morning I zapped 3 fat ass mosquitoes and sent them back to their grandparents and ancestors, as my dad would often put it. Am going back to sleep feeling fulfilled .

No comments:

Post a Comment